The National Roads Authority’s (NRA) primary function is to secure the provision of a safe and efficient network of public roads. It has overall responsibility for the planning, supervision, construction, and maintenance of the road network.
• Set operational priorities with regard to construction, upgrading, rehabilitation and maintenance of public roads;
• Provision of medium to long term plans for road development that makeup a National Roads Plan. (updated every four years).
• Implementation of a maintenance management system for planning, organizing, directing and controlling routine and periodic maintenance activities performed by employees of the Authority or through independent contractors
• Securing the provision of construction, improvement and maintenance works on the road network;
• Carrying out, on a permanent basis, such necessary engineering traffic and economic studies that it may consider necessary for the maintenance and improvement of public roads.
• Training, research or testing activities in relation to any of its functions.
• Provide to the Minister advice on:
(i) the adequacy of the funding provided to the Authority from the Road Fund for financing the maintenance and construction of public roads;
(ii) the need to develop new, or abolish or amend existing, financing instruments for the Road Fund; and
(iii) the optimal level of Authority revenue from the Road Fund in the context of other revenue sources of the Authority
Monday – 8.30am-5pm
Tuesday – 8.30am-5pm
Wednesday – 8.30am-5pm
Thursday – 8.30am-5pm
Friday – 8.30am-5pm
Saturday & Sunday CLOSED