Post-Secondary Local Scholarship
- Open Date: 1 March 2023
- Application Deadline: 30 April 2023
- Amount: Course fees
- Type: Any Subject
- Level of Study: Tertiary Education
Good To Know
- Duration: 2 years
- Essay Required: Yes
A full scholarship offered to young Caymanians pursuing post-secondary education (A-Levels) at a local institution (St. Ignatius/Cayman Prep and High School/other). The recipients must complete the forms on the Ministry of Education website and should intend on pursuing tertiary education in a Commonwealth country.
This scholarship can facilitate a Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 start date at UCCI, ICCI, UWI Open Campus, Truman Bodden Law School, St. Matthew's University, A Levels, BTEC Level 3 or the final year of CAPE, International Baccalaureate or Advanced Placement.
Applicants must achieve a minimum of 5 IGCSE/GCSE/CXC higher level passes of at least grade ‘C’, including English and Maths.
Funding for the ‘A’ Level Programme in the 2022/2023 academic year is as follows:
Dual Entry Students (Government High School Students)
- a. Year 12 Dual Entry Students’ funding will cover full tuition at St. Ignatius Catholic School or Cayman Prep & High School.
- b. Year 13 funding is confirmed if student achieves grades c, c, c in 3 out of 4 AS Results at the end of Year 12.
Non-Dual Entry Students (Private High School Students)
- c. Year 12 Non-Dual Entry Students’ funding will cover full tuition at St. Ignatius Catholic School or Cayman Prep & High School.
- d. Year 13 funding is confirmed if student achieves grades c, c, c in 3 out of 4 AS Results at the end of Year 12
For current ‘A’ Level scholarship recipients due to enter Year 13:
- a) Continued scholarship funding for Year 13 will be dependent on AS results achieved in Year 12. The minimum standard required is c, c, c, in 3 out of 4 subjects taken. Certificates of AS results must be produced for each student must be produced to the Scholarship Secretariat once received.
Terms & Conditions
- Applicants should be completing Year 11 with the intention to commence Year 12 or completing Year 12 with the intention to commence Year 13 studies in either September 2022 at one of the local institutions (St. Ignatius/Cayman Prep High School) or an approved overseas institution only when the subjects are not offered locally.
- Advanced Placement (AP) applications should be entering either the 11th or 12th grade to be eligible for consideration for a post-secondary scholarship commencing September 2022.
- Eligibility for ‘A’ Level Scholarships will depend on the intent to attend a tertiary institution in a Commonwealth country (e.g. the UK, Canada, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and Barbados).
- Medical declaration form
- Personal and academic references
- Means assessment declaring proof of financial need
- See minimum educational requirements