- Age Range: 12-15
- Camp Term: Summer
- Camp Time Slot: All Day
- Camp Type: Art & Educational
The Cayman Islands Centre for Business Development (CICBD) will host its first Youth Entrepreneurship Bootcamp, which is intended to equip the youth ages 12-15 years with a practical experience of how to start and grow a business and how to become an entrepreneur.
Objective: The programme is intended to provide the youth with information on knowing how to become an entrepreneur. They will gain practical experience using their ideas on the steps to starting a business. Based on the business idea they they put forward and the information gained, the decision will become easy whether their idea is a hobby or it can be transitioned into a business. Each idea will be shared with the group and they will be able to learn from each other. If the youth is serious about business they will now be aware of the various services being offered at the CICBD and how to access them.
- Increased knowledge of where to find information to become a micro or small business entrepreneur.
- Gain practical experience on starting a business.
- Decide whether an idea is a hobby or whether it can develop into a business.
- Share ideas with likeminded teens
- Learn how to identify and take advantage of new opportunities
- Define and differentiate micro and small business
Application Open: Monday, June 20th, 2022
Application Closes: Friday, July 1st, 2022
Annual Camp Details
- Dates: July 11th-15th
- Hours: 9am-4pm
Lunches and Snacks will be provided daily