Breakfast for dinner!
- 2 tablespoons Oil (for frying)
- 1/2 Onion (chopped or thinly sliced)
- 1/2 Red Pepper (deseeded and chopped or thinly sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoons Ground cumin
- Dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 400g Tin of baked beans
- 2 Eggs
- 30g Your favourite cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion and pepper over a low heat for 5 minutes, or until softened and beginning to brown, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cumin and chilli flakes and cook for 20–30 seconds, stirring constantly. Tip the beans into the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make two wells in the beans and break an egg into each one.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, without stirring, until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, if using, and serve with toast on the side for dipping.