This comforting and filling recipe for Classic Chili Con Carne is a healthy and delicious meal. It’s great for freezing, as well as sharing with friends and family. Preparation time: 20 minutes. Cooking time: 20 minutes.
- 1 White onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500g Minced beef
- 450g Chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoons Tomato puree
- 1 Red pepper
- 400g Kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Beef or vegetable stock cube (optional)
- A smidge of chilli powder (depending on how hot you like it)
- Add some oil to a large pan over a medium heat and brown the mince.
- Once the mince is browned, add the onions and garlic.
- Boil the kettle to make half a litre of beef/vegetable stock (follow the instructions on the packet to make this).
- Once the onions are soft add the chopped tomatoes, the chopped red pepper and the tomato puree. Stir and add some seasoning.
- Pour in the beef or vegetable stock. Stir again.
- Add as much chilli powder as you like (start with half a teaspoon, you can always add more later) and add the kidney beans.
- Leave the chilli to simmer for around 20 mins.