Use any beans, and don’t forget that this is a great one to batch cook or freeze.
- 2 tablespoons Oil (for frying)
- 1 Onion
- 2 Peppers
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoons Ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Hot smoked paprika
- 400g Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400g Tin of mixed beans
- 400g Tin of black beans
- Pinch of sugar
- 250g Brown rice
- 1/2 Bunch of coriander (chopped)
- 50ml Water
- Sour cream or avocado (to serve)
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish or saucepan and fry the onion and peppers for 10 minutes over a medium heat until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the garlic and spices, and fry for 1 minute. Pour in the tomatoes, both cans of beans and 50ml of water, then add the sugar and season. Simmer, stirring regularly, for 15-20 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following pack instructions.
- Serve the chilli on the rice. Scatter over the coriander and top with a spoonful of sour cream or guacamole, if using.