Vegetarians can substitute the chicken, and any leftover veggies can be used.
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 White onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Carrot (finely chopped)
- 100g Green beans (chopped)
- 1 Red or yellow pepper
- 1/2 Medium broccoli (chopped into small florets)
- 150g Cooked chicken, or other meat (roughly chopped)
- 300g Cooked rice
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- 1 Spring onion (finely sliced)
- 1 teaspoons Sesame seeds
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium-high heat, and stir-fry the onions, carrots and green beans for 5 minutes. Add the peppers, broccoli and chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes more.
- Tip in the rice and stir-fry for another 4 minutes until all the grains of rice have separated. Push the rice and vegetables to the side, then add the remaining vegetable oil to the other. Crack in the egg and scramble briefly before stirring into the veg and chicken mixture.
- Stir in the sesame oil and oyster sauce to coat, then garnish with the spring onions and sesame seeds.