A healthier but still delicious version of traditional flapjacks. Perfect for sharing with friends. Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 15 minutes. Yield: 12 slices.
- 150g Dates
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Agave Syrup/Nectar or Golden Syrup
- 50g Dried chopped apricots
- 50g Hazelnuts
- 50g Sultanas
- 150g Oats
- 1 tablespoons Flax seeds
- 1 tablespoons Sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 18cm square tin with baking parchment paper.
- Finely chop the dates and then place in saucepan over a medium heat with the agave syrup and unsalted butter, until the butter has melted and the dates are well blended in.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the saucepan and stir well until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once completely cooled, cut into 12 slices.