These sugar-free pancakes are healthy and packed full of protein and fibre. They are suitable for freezing too.
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups dairy or non-dairy milk or more as needed
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for skillet (or substitute with coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place the rolled oats in a high power blender and pulse until the oats reach a fine, powdery consistency.
- Add the flour, flaxseed, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon, salt and baking powder and pulse to combine.
- Add the milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract and pulse until combined.
- If the batter is too thick, add more milk (1 tbsp at a time) and pulse until it reaches the right consistency.
- Lightly grease a non-stick skillet with melted butter or coconut oil.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat until hot
- Drop 1/8 cup of batter for each pancake onto the hot skillet
- Cook until small bubbles begin to form on the top.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook on the other side 60-90 seconds or until cooked through.
- Serve with fresh berries.