An iron rich and delicious recipe. This dish ticks lots of nutritional boxes and will help your baby learn to love strong flavours. Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 30 minutes. Yield: 3 servings.
- 1 small onion finely cut
- 150 grams of sweet potato
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled and diced
- A handful of grated Gouda cheese
- A handful of local spinach
- 2 tablespoons breastmilk or formula
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Bake the sweet potato at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Steam the carrots for 10-12 minutes until soft.
- In a saucepan add in half of the butter and onion, sauté for three minutes.
- Once the sweet potato and carrot are done mash them using a potato masher
- Add the mashed sweet potato and carrot to the saucepan and add in the remaining butter, spinach, milk and cheese. Stir over a gentle heat until the spinach has wilted.