Making a homemade tomato sauce from scratch is surprisingly easy! Use it on pasta, pizza, and more. Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 30 mins. Yield: 5-6 servings.
- 1 medium onion peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic finely sliced
- 1 good sized carrot peeled and finely diced
- 1 large tin of plum tomatoes with juice
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Olive oil
- Herbs – fresh or dried oregano or basil
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to a frying pan.
- Cook onions in a saucepan over a medium heat, adding the garlic when they are nearly translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper if using.
- Add a pinch of sugar (optional)
- Let the mix cool.
- Use a blender to form a smooth sauce.
- Once mixed, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.