Not only is this soup delicious but and it’s so easy to make. It just takes some chopping and a bit of simmering until you’ve got a soup everyone will love! Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 20 minutes. Yield: 2 bowls of soup.
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- 1 Inch of ginger peeled but left whole
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Carrots peeled and diced
- 1/2 A sweet potato peeled and diced (pumpkin or butternut squash are also good)
- 1 cups Cauliflower finely diced
- 1 Vegetable or chicken stock cube plus 2 cups hot water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the onion until it is translucent (8 minutes) making sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the garlic, ginger, bay leaf and carrots and cook for two minutes.
- Add the sweet potato or pumpkin and two minutes later the cauliflower.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow everything to cook for a couple of minutes and then add the stock.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the ginger and bay leaf and blend to the desired consistency or leave chunky.
- Add shredded chicken, red lentils or quinoa to up the protein content.