This basic white sauce, also known as béchamel, is extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour (or rice flour if you are
- 2 tablespoons Butter or dairy free alternative
- 1 cups Milk or unsweetened dairy free milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Pour in the milk whilst stirring constantly.
- Add more milk to achieve desired consistency.