Medical Specialisation Scholarship
- Open Date: 15 November 2023
- Application Deadline: 31 January 2024
- Amount: CI$125,000 per annum (maximum)
- Type: Health & Medicine
- Level of Study: Tertiary Education
Good To Know
- Duration: 5 years (maximum)
An overseas scholarship package for junior Caymanian doctors who have completed their internships and are seeking to undertake specialty training.
The five-year scholarship will allow recipients to pursue studies at an institution recognised to provide high level training in the specialty being pursued. The application is open to all doctors in public or private practice who meet the scholarship criteria, and applicants will be required to return to the Cayman Islands and work at the Health Services Authority for at least the length of time of the scholarship.
Valued at a maximum of CI$125,000 per annum, the scholarship covers tuition, other school-related fees and expenses and a monthly stipend for living expenses such as accommodation, utilities, groceries, transportation, and airfare.
Other expenses such as medical equipment and conferences can also be covered if approved beforehand, and a small allowance will be awarded in addition to the annual expenses.
Recipient must have attained a recent qualification with a minimum of:
- A MBBS/MD degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or an Upper Second Class Degree (2:1) or higher; OR
- A Master’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or an Upper Second Class Degree (2:1) or higher
- Current programme with a semester GPA of 3.0 or an Upper Second (2.1) or an assessment of Satisfactory or higher
Terms & Conditions
- Domiciled in the Cayman Islands for the 5 years prior to applying
- Achieved minimum education requirements