Teen Talk, Alex Panton Foundation
- Date: Wed 31 May, 2023
- Time: 6:00pm to 6:45pm
Do you need someone to talk to? The Alex Panton Foundation's Teen Talk offers free support group for teens ages 13 - 17.
Discussion topics will include: living with anxiety and depression, the impact of COVID-19, balancing life as a teen, stress and challenges.
Groups take place every other Wednesday, from 6pm – 6.45pm online via Zoom. Pre-registration required.
- Feb. 8 & 22, 2023 – What is Your Mental Health?
- March 8 & 22, 2023 – Anxiety: Is it harmful or useful?
- April 5 & 19, 2023 – Depression vs Sadness
- May 3, 17 & 31, 2023 – Taking Care of You – Being Mindful
- June 14 & 28, 2023 – Managing & Thriving, not just Surviving
- July & August – Teen Talk on Summer Break
Facilitator: Dr Shari Smith
Dr. Shari Smith, is a clinical psychologist who has over 30 years in the education system here in the Cayman Islands. Her educational focus is in special education and disabilities.
Dr. Smith believes in a wholistic approach when working with clients. Her style of work appreciates the connection between the body, mind, spirit and soul and how they are all key in learning how to manage the many challenges of Life. Her work is grounded in mindfulness and embracing the inner self to achieve personal goals. She believes in empowering her clients to take hold of their own journey and become the best version of themselves.
This is an online event.