The Cayman Islands Department of Environmental Health (DEH) oversees all of the Islands' recycling. Other services that DEH provide include management of food hygiene and safety, district sanitation and rodent control, engineering and developmental control, solid and hazardous wastes including waste collection, recycling and disposal and public education and promotion programmes.
The DEH provides free kerbside bulk waste (old furniture, appliances, etc.) pick up once per year. Never place bulk items out on the kerbside until the DEH has announced its annual bulk waste pick-up schedule. You may, however, hire DEH to pick up your bulk waste throughout the year at the cost of CI$75 per load. To get in touch with someone at the DEH Solid Waste Unit, call (345) 949 6696 (or (345) 948 2321 for customers on the Sister Islands).
Some Services in the Cayman Islands include:
- Processing of Bonfire applications
- Processing of approval letters for the Importation of Human Remains & Ashes
- Investigation of environmental health complaints
- Rodent control
- Training for food industry & cosmetology workers
- Testing of water and food samples
Cayman Islands Environmental Centre 580 North Sound Road George Town, Cayman Islands