The National Drug Council (NDC) is dedicated to the provision of evidence-based programming, policy advice, and the conduct of local research towards the reduction of harms surrounding substance abuse in the Cayman Islands.
Through the use of locally collected data, the NDC offers prevention and education resources to young people, parents, and the community at large to provide everyone with the facts on drugs and substance use so that all can be research-informed.
The NDC’s mandate is to provide policy advice and information, develop programmes, and conduct research in the following key areas:
• Education, especially for young people
• Treatment & Rehabilitation
They do this through:
• Conferences, seminars, and meetings related to drug abuse
• Studies, reports, and other documentation on drug abuse
• Information systems and databases on policies, programmes, and research on drug abuse
• Information on the availability and supply of drugs likely to be abused
• Legislation relating to the misuse of drugs
The NDC encourages parents to talk early and talk often with their children about drugs and their harms. For more information visit their website at www.ndc.ky.
17 & 18 Caymanian Village North Sound Road , Cayman Islands