National Drug Council (NDC) is dedicated to the eradication of
substance abuse in the Cayman Islands and to co-operating with Foreign
Governments and Agencies in order to facilitate a more effective address
to global trafficking of illicit drugs.
Part of their remit is to educate the public, parents and the young, on the dangers of drug abuse, and to initiate, sponsor and support conferences, seminars, and meetings related to drug abuse. Once such programme is 'Parents as Preventers'.
Parents as Preventers
Parents as Preventers is an empowerment tool designed to assist parents/caregivers with when to start the conversation, how to detect early warning signs through easy to apply methods for talking with children and teens about alcohol and other drugs.
As part of the programme the NDC offers the following guides and workshops:
- Why Scare Tactics Don't Work
- Marketing that Targets Children
- Never Say This! Strength and Confidence in Communicating
- What's in my Backpack?
- The Secrets Your Child Will Not Share With You
- Subliminal Messaging for Teen Drug Use
- Emergency Planning Together - Designating a Trusted Adult as an Emergency Contact
No child is safe until you have the conversation. Contact the NDC to find out more.
17 & 18 Caymanian Village North Sound Road , Cayman Islands