Local Law School Scholarship
- Open Date: 1 March 2023
- Application Deadline: 30 April 2023
- Amount: Course fees
- Type: Law
- Level of Study: Tertiary Education
Good To Know
- Duration: Course duration
- Essay Required: Yes
Scholarship for young Caymanians to study courses related to the field of law at a local institution.
You must possess a minimum of one of the following:
- International Baccalaureate (IB): Full IB Diploma or;
- Three Higher Level IB certificates with a minimum of 13 points and no grade lower than 4 and two standard level subjects at the 12th grade level with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or;
- Five Standard Level certificates with no grade lower than 4.
Advanced Placement (AP):
- Three group A subjects or two group A and two Group B subjects with a minimum grade of 3, and two standard level subjects at the 12thgrade level with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.25.
- Three A-Levels/CAPE Unit 2 with a minimum grade of ‘C / 3’ in each A-Level/CAPE Unit2
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher or
- Associate level studies with minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA may be considered
BTEC Level 3:
- Extended Diploma with a minimum MMM grade average
The Education Council may award local law scholarships to students who do not have advanced standing if they meet one of the two criteria below:
- Seven GCSE/CXC/IGCSE passes, including English Language and Mathematics, not less than a ‘B’ grade in all subjects, Or
- Cumulative High School GPA of 3.25 or higher at an approved secondary school.
WITH a minimum SAT 1100 and/or ACT score of 22.
Special Note: Students currently at the Law School must achieve a 2:2 in their first year (full-time or part-time) or a 2:1 in second and subsequent years (full-time or part-time). Mature Candidates are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and will include the sitting of the mature entrance exam at the Truman Bodden Law School.
Terms & Conditions
- Meet minimum education requirements