Maples Group Legal Scholarship
- Open Date: 1 January 2024
- Application Deadline: 1 March 2024
- Amount: US$40,000 per annum
- Type: Law
- Level of Study: Tertiary Education
Good To Know
- Duration: Course duration
- Essay Required: Yes
A scholarship will be for an amount of up to US$40,000 per academic year, payable towards tuition, books and accommodation throughout the duration of the degree course (normally three years). In appropriate cases, a scholarship may be awarded for longer than three years. The scholarship will be payable by instalments at the commencement of each academic year.
Terms & Conditions
- Must be Caymanian / Caymanian Status Holder
- Should normally be less than 30 years old
- Must have been offered a place (either conditionally or unconditionally) to read for a degree at a recognised college or university commencing at the start of the relevant academic year.
- The candidate will be expected to pursue his/her degree course diligently and with an appropriate degree of success (typically a successful candidate will achieve at least upper second class honours). The candidate will be expected to keep the Maples Group informed of their progress on a term by term basis. It is a condition of every scholarship that the candidate will provide the Maples Group with copies of examination results and any assessments or reports that may be requested of them.
- The Maples Group reserves the right to terminate the scholarship of a student in exceptional circumstances or upon failure to achieve the minimum of second class passes (or equivalent) in all intermediate examinations throughout the course. A scholarship will be terminated if he/she ceases to pursue the course for any reason.
- Where appropriate, payments will be made directly to the relevant academic institution. Candidates must provide proof of enrolment each year along with the payment instruction details where relevant.