With such a wide range of activities available for your kids to choose from, it can be a challenge juggling their schedules and the associated costs. To make life a little easier, we've researched a wide range of different activities available on-Island.
On This Page
There are quite a few athletics clubs that your child can join and they meet almost every afternoon at the Truman Bodden Sports Complex (TBSC) for after school training. You can try the following clubs:
- 345 Athletics Club on (345) 925 2865.
- Speed Athletics on (345) 525 2793.
- Falcon Athletics email email@example.com/
- Hy-Tech Tigers on (345) 925 1943 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mustang Track Club on (345) 925 6917 or email: email@example.com.
- The Special Olympics Cayman Islands offers a variety of sports training for children and adults ages 8+ with intellectual disabilities.
- The Cayman Islands Basketball Association hosts after school basketball training for students up to 16 years. Practice takes place on Thursdays and Fridays from 3.30pm-5.30pm and costs CI$10 a month. The U18 national training programme takes place at the First Baptist Church gym on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5.30pm-7.30pm. For more information, call Coach Voot O’Garro on (345) 916 5083 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cayman Cricket hosts a junior programme for U15 on Saturday mornings from 9am-11.30am at the Smith Road Oval and again on Sundays from 3pm-5.30pm. They also organise competitions for primary and secondary schools (May to June) and a summer camp in July. Call Courtney Myles on (345) 326 1642 or email: email@example.com.
- Crossfit Cayman, located in Camana Bay offers teen classes for 12-16 year olds on Mondays and Fridays from 3.45pm-4.30pm and ages 8-11 on Tuesdays from 3.45pm-4.30pm. Email Tarasa at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and enrolment details.
- 7 Mile Strength & Fitness offers classes for ages 8-10 on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3.30pm-4.15pm, for ages 11-13 on the same days at 4.15pm-5pm, and for ages 14-17 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4.15pm-5pm. The cost is CI$220 for one session a week and $340 for two sessions a week for a 10-week programme. They are located in Cannon Place, Industrial Park and can be contacted on (345) 925 1456 or by email at email@example.com.
- School of Fitness, in the Cayman Technology Centre, also runs a kids CrossFit camp on Saturdays at 12pm. Call (345) 916 0171 for more information.
- Centre Pointe Dance Studio offers dance lessons in a variety of genres including ballet, tap, showbiz, contemporary and jazz. They also have drama, theatre, singing and ballet fitness. Classes start at the age of two and go up to adult, plus there are classes just for boys. For a full list of classes, call (345) 926 9603.
- KRI Performing Arts School, run by Kirk Rowe, has dance classes in salsa, jazz, modern, hip-hop, contemporary, belly-dancing, Afro-Caribbean and reggae. Contact Kirk on (345) 924 4089.
- The Radiance Dance Studio, located in Countryside Shopping Village, offers a variety of dance classes for children from ages 3-16 years. Dancers can learn modern contemporary, ballet foundations, creative movement, hip-hop, jazz fusion, and Caribbean rhythms. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (345) 916 0146.
- Spark! offers dance in relation to their musical theatre and performing arts classes. For more information, call (345) 929 2190.
Football is an incredibly popular sport in the Cayman Islands and there are numerous groups who run excellent youth football development programmes with lessons once or twice a week and matches on the weekend.
- The Cayman Islands Football Association (CIFA) youth season runs from September to May. Teams are friendly and welcoming to new players. Leagues include under-8, under-10, under-12, under-14, under-16 and under-18. For further information, contact the CIFA office on (345) 749 5775 or email: email@example.com.
- Excel Sports Management is a leading youth football development programme on Island. Their EUFA qualified coaches hold afterschool coaching sessions designed to increase individual players’ confidence and skill. In addition, they also offer camps, overseas tours and trial opportunities for players identified as ‘talented’. For more information, call (345) 925 4347.
- Contact Academy Sports Club on (345) 929 2257 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org who run a junior football programme for boys and girls from 4-19 years old. The club has football activities all year round and their goal is the development of excellence in football, while fostering personal integrity, leadership skills, community awareness and commitment to academic success.
- Sunset Football Club provides football for all ages. Coaching sessions for 4-10 year old boys are held on Sunday mornings 8am-10.30am and Saturday mornings for girls aged 4-10 from 8.30am-9.30am both at the Camana Bay Sports Complex. There is also midweek training for boys and girls under-8 to under-18 as well as men’s and women’s teams. Contact either Paul Macey on email@example.com or Gareth Thacker at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any of the girls' programmes, please contact Gisela Gamba at email@example.com.
- Established in 2017, Total Soccer's programmes are inspired by the Dutch Football Vision and their goal is to help children become skilled and creative decision makers on the field.
Girlguiding helps girls acquire skills for life while participating in fun activities and making friends. Girls can begin their Girlguiding journey from age 5 within the Rainbow section and move up through Brownies, Guides, Rangers and on to become young leaders. Prices vary depending on uniform and membership, but Girlguides work hard to keep costs affordable and inclusive for all of the community.
- Cayman Golf Lab offers after-school and weekend junior golf classes for up to six students per class. They play fun and entertaining games to build up interest and a love for the sport. Each junior golfer will have access to world class knowledge and technology to help them create a golf swing that is best for them. The cost is CI$120 per month for a total of four hours of golf lessons. Suitable for ages 5-14. Call (345) 917 2444 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register.
- The North Sound Golf Club offers year-round junior camps and after-school programmes for junior golfers aged 6-16 years. For the more advanced junior golfer, there are private lessons with PGA professionals. Call (345) 947 4653.
Group gymnastics classes at Motions Unlimited range from CI$312-CI$476 per term, for one session a week, dependent upon age and skillset. Toddler Play Days are CI$200 for 10 visits and you get your 11th visit free. All participants must be registered members in Motions Jackrabbit parent portal and all payments must be made in advance online through Butterfield.
- Cayman Riding School located in Savannah offers English riding lessons from total beginner to Advanced. They specialise in Dressage, Jumping, Vaulting and Cross Country for children and adults. Contact Cayman Riding School at (345) 926 7669 or email: email@example.com.
- The Equestrian Center also offers lessons and afterschool riding programmes for children from ages five and up. Call (345) 516 1751/526 1010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
They both charge in the region of CI$55 per hour for group lessons.
Learn-to-skate sessions are held at 8am on Saturdays at King's Sport Centre and cost CI$10 per class. There is a hockey league that children can participate in with games held over the weekend and additional practices held during the week. Participation on a team varies from CI$200-CI$350 per season.
Karate & Jiu-jitsu
Many different types of karate classes are offered in Cayman for children as young as four up to adults. Classes are run by the month and range from CI$75-CI$200.
- The Academy Grand Cayman offers kids jiu-jitsu and Krav Maga training, Call (345) 323 9778 for details.
- For traditional karate lessons, contact Cayman Associated School of Karate at (345) 925 3367.
- Purple Dragon Cayman Islands offers Don Jitsu Ryu karate, call (345) 946 1241.
- The Cayman Islands Taekwondo Academy offers lessons in Taekwondo, call (345) 328 5006
Music & Singing Lessons
Lessons cost CI$40 for a 30-minute private lesson, CI$70 for an hour or about CI$180-CI$260 per term for a group session. Musical theatre lessons are usually an hour long and cost CI$350 per term. There are numerous places on Island that offer lessons either in your home or in a music studio. The options include:
- Cayman Music School
- Musicians Ltd
- Nicole Bodden on (345) 917 3753.
- The Cayman Youth Choir has three age-group choirs who meet at John Gray High School on Monday afternoon. Tiddly-Winks (age 4-6) from 3.30pm-4pm, Tiddly-Pops (age 7-10) from 4pm-4.30pm, and the Senior Choir (age 11+) from 4.30pm-5.45pm.
The Cayman Islands Netball Association has a number of netball leagues and they meet up to play in the afternoons and on Saturday mornings. For more information, call Lucille Seymour on (345) 916 1944, email: email@example.com.
Pickleball Cayman, Cayman’s newest Pickleball facility, offers After School Kids Camps for ages 6-16 on Mondays through Thursdays. The courts are shaded, there’s an adventure playground and they can grab a healthy snack from the onsite restaurant, The Roost. Camps cost from CI$20 per session.
345 Robotics offers after school and weekend classes for kids age 7-10 and 11-14 in George Town. 345Robotics uses VexIQ and the global VexIQ competition/challenge to engage children and young people with building, coding, designing and competing with robots. They introduce kids to STEM ideas, concepts and experiences in a fun and inclusive environment. They leverage interest in gaming, computers and coding to foster critical thinking, problem solving, resilience, teamwork and other life skills that are widely applicable beyond robotics.
The Maples Group Community Junior Rugby season runs from October to May. Programmes are available for under-6, under-8, under-10, under-12, under-14, under-16 and under-19. Annual Junior Membership is CI$125.
The Scouts Association is a non-formal educational programme which encourages the holistic development of boys through outdoor activities. From the Beaver-Scout programme (6-8 years) to the Cub Scouts (8-11 years) to the Scouts (11-19 years) boys will develop vital skills and earn badges. Groups meet weekly. Call (345) 949 1515.
The Sailing Club runs an after-school sailing programme for kids aged 6+ from Wednesday to Friday and at the weekends during the school term. The club also hosts popular day camps during school holidays and teenagers who are competent sailors and good with youngsters, can find jobs interning as assistants at these camps.
Membership at the Black Pearl Skate Park ranges from CI$45 per month to CI$300 for a yearly membership. The drop-in rate is CI$7. Skateboards, scooters, basketballs and a wide assortment of other sports equipment are available for rent at the park, ranging from CI$4-CI$14 an hour.
Semi-private and private lessons start at CI$50 for a half-hour session. Fitness Connection offers mobile swimming lessons for children and adults of all ages and tailor each session to the individuals needs. For a full listing of qualified swim teachers/schools and clubs, please visit the Cayman Islands Aquatic Sports Association.
Tennis & Pickleball
For group or private tennis lessons, contact any of the following:
Group lessons can range from CI$20-CI$35 per individual per lesson, private lessons range from CI$70-CI$90 per hour.
There are several excellent yoga teachers on-Island specialising in kid's yoga. Popular choices are Yoga Sprouts and Kula Kids. Group and semi-private lessons range from CI$120-CI$180 per term (CI$16-CI$25 per class depending on location, age and duration). Many private schools also offer yoga as an afterschool club.
Inclusion Cayman is a non-profit organisation supporting individuals with disabilities in their vision of accessing inclusive education, recreation/community, and employment. Please contact them if you need assistance with inclusive recreation, or if support is required for you/your family to participate meaningfully.